Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Skills 1 Day 6

Speacialty soups and mashed potatoes was the focus for day six. So on the morning of day six I was hoping to wake up no longer dizzy. For the past 4 days Thursday thru Sunday I was very dizzy and even the doctors at ergent care could not explain why. I guess my mom and dad were right when they said I was a rare breed because doctors never seem to be able to figure out whats wrong with me, they had to ask the nurse for a "situations hand book" I was thinking to myself great they have no idea what they are doing here. So on Monday when I woke up, thank the lord I was no longer dizzy! Still not sure why I was. So I make my way to class feeling great and refreshed, I swiped for breakfast that morning which means I can actually get a nice hot breakfast opposed to the normal scone or special K cereal I get in the morning. I ordered pancakes and they give you 3 of those, then it came with home fries and bacon, it was lovely. So I though my day was off to a great start well I thought that too soon because I went to put my things in the locker outside the classroom and I bend down to put it away and then as I am coming back up I slam my head on one of the metal lockers that had been left open above me. Yeah that did not feel so good, I thought this was an indication of what the rest of the day would be like, but only time would tell. Day 6 would be the first day we had to do our knife trays in 50 mintes, which does not seem like that much of a difference but you would be very suprised. The time flew by but luckily I made it in the time limit! It was a little stressful but chef said that my tray looked good which was positive. We then went on to begin the days production which was puree potato and leek soup, and mashed potatoes! Everything went smoothly as far as prep and the cooking of my soup went, we had till 10:15 am to present our soup and mashed potatoes to chef. I walked up to him with soup bowl in hand with the potatoes in a small container, he tried them and I waited for the verdict. For the soup he said the flavor was right on the money! Then came the mashed potatoes, they were the perfect consistency and the flavor was great! Once again I was the happiest person ever, with a huge smile on my face I walked back to my station getting high fives along the way and then began the clean up for the day! Luckily hitting my head earlier that day was not an indication of my day was going to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment