Friday, December 3, 2010

Meat ID and Fabricaition

The last days of meat class were pretty relaxed and easy which was nice. On Thursday we broke down chickens. We had to take off the breasts, legs and wings the most important parts pretty much. We started off with one chicken and I finished first! I know it was not a race but it was still cool to be done first and also have my cuts look really good. Then we did 2 more chickens and once again I finished first and I looked up and saw the girl on the cutting board next to me and she was still on the first one, it was a good feeling! We then had lecture about poultry, and started our lecture for the next day on sausage. After lecture we took our butchers yield test, the first part of the final. I felt pretty good about it and my chef graded it right after class for me and I got an 11 out of 10! I received a bonus point on the test! So all and all it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment