Sunday, January 16, 2011

Skills 2 Day 7

   

Today we would be making roasted chicken with pan gravy. We had to season the chicken with parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and olive oil. To go with the chicken as sides we made roasted potatoes with the same seasonings as the chicken, broccoli rabe sauteed with garlic, and ratatouille. In case you have never had broccoli rabe it looks similar to broccoli but it is bitter tasting. My group and I were so prepared for today because we met the day before and planned so we would finish on time and make sure our entree was perfect. Things went very smooth during preparation, plating and clean up. When we all took our plates up chef was surprised to see us all up there so early and with clean work stations. We told him that we planned the day before and worked more as a team instead of totally individual. He was impressed and happy we had planned as a group. He said that everything on my plate was perfect and was very happy with everything. This was a great improvement from the day before it was like a 50 pound weight was lifted off my shoulders, literally. It was awesome! We had our lunch break after our presentation of the entree and when we came back we would have to do our normal 8 tournes in 30 minutes. After lunch before we started to tourne we were waiting for a couple of our classmates to finish cleaning up, so while that was happening I decided to draw on every ones potatoes. I put smiley faces on every ones potatoes, and created a family of real life potato heads on my 4 potatoes. It was pretty funny and I wrote on my potatoes as you can see in the picture that they were my potatoes and not to touch them. I walk away from my potatoes for just a minute and there is my pairing knife stabbed into my baby potato. I was shocked but it was also funny especially when I found out chef had come over and stuck the knife in my potato. I did not expect that but the entire class including chef got a great laugh out of it. His laugh almost sounded like an evil villain which made sense because he just killed one of my potatoes. All and all today was a major turn around from the day before and we had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment